Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Winter Wonderland - Creativity Unfinished


During the winter holidays last year, I met a friend in SL that is still a friend today. He's a very generous soul. At the time he owned a few sims, and let me use one to do with what I wanted... to unleash my creativity.

With assistance from him, I started creating a winter wonderland. The frozen water was plentiful as the land masses across the sim were more like icebergs. I sought out a skate vendor and put fencing up around the vendor area with a couple of benches to create a place to begin ice skating. A big glowing bonfire sat upon one of the hills near the skating. It was a nice place to warm up. Snowy trees graced the hilltops. A few cold weather animals graced a few of snowy caps. And, an ice house was beginning to get furnished to make the inside cozy despite the coldness of the ice. I terraformed for the first time and was having a ball shaping a sim.

The creativity came to an abrupt halt when my friend had to give up the sims for financial reasons. I never got to finish or take pictures. The picture above is a smaller scale creation I made on top of my first skybox home in SL.

My dream is to one day have the opportunity to wrap my creativity around another sim. In the words of J.P. from Angels in the Outfield, "It could happen!"

PS If you are wondering why the change in what I'm posting this week, I'm working on a blogging challenge... The Big Bad Blogger Challenge. It's basically a challenge to create a new posting every day. I decided to go ahead and make it more personal perspectives on SL. If you want to read about the challenge, CLICK HERE.

No comments: