Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Riverwalk - A Hidden Jewel


An attachment to a place so strong that you call it "home" is amazing in itself. In SL it's even more amazing. My first home in SL was Riverwalk. Riverwalk was the first place that impressed me, so I made it my starting and stopping place in SL for a few months at the beginning of my life in sl. I would greet people as they came to Riverwalk.

One of my fondest memories is when 4 red-headed avies came together one evening in Riverwalk. We sat and shared our knowledge and experiences in SL. By the time I left, I had made three new friends. Two of those friends still hold a place on my friends list, and one is a very good friend.

Today Although it's been a long time since those days (about 2 years), Riverwalk still holds a special place in my heart.

This beautiful art park seems to not get as many visitors as it used to. It's quite a shame too. It's a beautiful place with lots of things to do.

  • Take a stroll throughout the park and view the beautiful artwork.
  • Ride the swans on a leisurely water tour of the area.
  • Play board games on the terrace.
  • "Eat" and talk to friends at a table on the terrace.
  • Ride the swings.
  • Get your fortune.
  • Go Fishing.
  • Test your skills at getting through the maze.
Even though Riverwalk hasn't been my home for quite a while, I still have a sense of it being my original home and visit it occassionally.

To visit Riverwalk, CLICK HERE. (Ganymede 20, 230, 26)

1 comment:

Tara said...

It is a lovely place where I met some lovely friends. :-)